The Raphael brush workshop was founded in Paris in1793. The company prospered despite the uncertainties of the revolution, the empire and the restoration. In 1859, at the age of 34, Charles Sauer bought the company and moved it from Paris to Oinville.
In 1925, the company was relocated to Saint -Brieuc where it remains today.
The Sauer family have passed down the legacy of fine art brush making from generation to generation and in 1987 Eric Sauer took responsibility of the world famous Raphael brand. Innovation, research and development are combined with tradition to produce some of the world’s finest brushes.